Please fill in this form if you are interested in booking or would like more information:
School of English - Malta - Saint Julians
Intensive General English
Make the most of your time abroad with this fast track learning course. The Intensive English course is the same as General English program but with the advantage of two extra lessons in the afternoon (30 lessons per week). This gives you more study time, enabling you to progress and gain greater fluency and accuracy at a faster pace. Your teachers will guide your progress every step of the way.
• Students who wish to dedicate more time to reaching their English goals quickly
• Students who would like to personalise their course through a choice of electives
• Students who are on short term trips and want to make the most of their time
• Students who are on long stays and can fully dedicate their time to learning English
• Students who feel they would benefit from spending as much time as possible with a teacher and in a classroom environment
Benefits of doing this course: Extra exposure to English in the classroom will enable you to think in English more quickly, cutting down on time spent translating from your own language into English. The ability to choose the focus of your 3rd module allows you to personalize your course. In these sessions you will learn specific skills needed for English language success in a choice of subject areas whilst building fluency.
Maximum teacher contact time: More time with your teachers will empower you to be more confident with your English. All lessons are creative and energising, allowing you to feel self-assured.
Intensive focus on all skills: More time in class will allow you to focus further on the key skill areas of reading, writing, speaking and listening whilst developing fluency through practice of the use of grammar, vocabulary, idioms and pronunciation.
More Exposure to English: Extra exposure to English in the classroom will enable you to think in English more quickly, cutting down on time spent translating from your own language into English.
Core English plus your choice of elective: The ability to choose the focus of your 3rd module allows you to personalise your course. In these sessions you will learn specific skills needed for English language success in a choice of subject areas whilst building fluency.
Topic based lessons in everyday contexts: You will be directly and actively involved in lessons at all times. Your teacher will use text books to guide you, but will bring topics to ‘life’ by referring to other resources such as articles in newspapers, the use of video clips, internet and CDs.
Focused yet relaxed classroom environments: Students learn more effectively when they are enjoying themselves. Your classroom environment will be both relaxed and informal, promoting more successful learning.
- Class Size: 12 Students
- Minimum Age: 18 years old (16 years in low season)
- Level Available: Beginner - Advanced
- Number of Classes per week: 30 Classes
- Length of 1 Class: 45 Minutes
- Course Start Dates: Any Monday
- Bank Holidays: 10/02, 19/03, 31/03, 02/04, 07/06, 29/06, 08/09, 21/09, 08/12 and 13/12/2010. will make up for lessons missed with the exceptions of 02 April, 29 June, 8 September and 21 September when lessons will not be made up.
- Minimum course Length: 1 week
- Included in the course fees: course book, additional English activities and workshops, welcome dinner, internet access.
- Total weekly course time: 22.5 Hours. This course meets the minimum 15 hour requirement for Visa Students.
- During the high season (19 June to 18 September) there is a £48 weekly course supplement and there is a weekly supplement on homestay accommodation as well.
- Accomodation Fees
|Intensive General English €||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
There is a €35 Enrolment Fee for this course.